Re: [Groff] Re: A TeX like paragraph formatter: I managed it;try it !!!

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: A TeX like paragraph formatter: I managed it;try it !!! [bug fixed]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:49:15 +0100

How sad that it doesn't work :-(
I tried it at home on several pargraphes and it works
fine. Either it doesn't change anything or it prints
something better than the normal disposition (half of
the times). I am now at my office and I don't think I
will have time tonight to see what is wrong, but I
already send a short answer.

a) My macros aren't intended to be used with tty output.
   Don't try -Tlatin1 anymore.
   I only tried them with postscript output:
   groff test > test.ps
   (I tried them with normal and french hyphenation
   patterns)

b) I can't look at your postscript file at my office,
   but you should
   see the following things (if I remember well, because,
   as I said, I tried the macros with various pieces of
   text). In order to show better what my macro do, I
   chose a very small width (.ll) like in a small column
   of newspaper. Of course, both outputs are quite ugly,
   but I wanted to show that my formatting was still
   better than the normal one. A tty representation of
   what you should see can be:

      Standard disposition:               New disposition:
        xx xx xx xx                         xx   xx  xx
      xxx       xxx                       xx   xxx  xxx
      xxxxxxxx xxxx                       xxxxxxxx xxxx
      xxx xxx etc.                        xxx xxx etc.

c) If somebody sees that, could he tell some informations
   about his system ?

;-)

Jusqu'à 60 heures gratuites
pour toute souscription à l'un des