Re: [Groff] end position of D commands

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] end position of D commands
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:32:16 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:52:01PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 31-Oct-01 Bernd Warken wrote:
> >
> >   The position after a graphical object has been drawn is at its end;
> > for circles and ellipses, the "end" is at the right side.
>
> As so often, this depends on how you interpret the classical troff
> manual. They don't always spell it out. The classical troff
> definition is consistent with
>
>   "The end of a drawn object defined by coordinates is the position
>    reached at the last coordinate. The end of an ellipse or
>    circle is at its right side."
>
> The [g]troff manual only spells this out.

Why the hack, do you cling to this blunder polygoning? The classical
text speaks about the end after drawing, not a word about coordinates.
And this is a reasonable position. I changed input.cc to the classical
compatibility behavior. Any objections?

Please remember that so far, the groff_out parser was so buggy that it
was not compatible at all, neither to the classical case, nor to its
own documentation.  For example, even the filled ellipse/circle differed
from their outlined equivalent.  It's time to get back to reason.

Ok?

Bernd