Re: [Groff] groffview shell script

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] groffview shell script
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:56:12 +0100

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:47:17PM +0000, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> > Ok, I'll use 100 by default, do some sanity checks using the fontpath
> > and xdpyinfo, and implement new options `-X ...' `--dpi ...' .
>
> cheers. That sounds like a maximal solution.

The output of xdpyinfo on is not reliable on dpi.  My `X -probeonly'
reports `DPI set to (133, 150)', while xdpyinfo shows `75x75'.

So I decided for a minimal sanity check.  If the font path contains no
substring "100", but "75", only then "75" is used.  In all other cases,
"100" is used.

The idea behind this is that the X server usually checks the font path
at startup, all non-suitable directories are removed from the font path
variable.

Moreover, I added 2 new options

-c --stdout : print processed input to stdout without a pager
-s --source : instead of processing the input, cat the source onto stdout
              (useful for reading the source code of man-pages)

Bernd Warken