Re: [Groff] Understanding the ms macros

From: Graham Ashton
Subject: Re: [Groff] Understanding the ms macros
Date: 02 May 2002 15:16:13 +0100

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 12:04, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Graham Ashton wrote:
>
> > Is there a definitive set of docs for the ms macros?
>
> I completely rewrote groff_ms.7 not long ago [snip]
>
> If that doesn't have what you're looking for, let me know.
> I want groff_ms to be definitive.

The new man page is much better, thanks very much. I'm afraid I've got
another ms margin related question all the same.

Can ms do landscape documents? I'm having trouble persuading it to set
my line lengths correctly, and have used the LT, LL nad pl macros. This
document just contains a two column table that has been set to expand to
the full page width. When run through groff the postscript that comes
out of the other side appears as though the LL command has been ignored.

.LT 29.7c
.LL 29.7c
.pl 21c
.TS H
expand;
l r.
.TH
foo     bar
=
.TE

I'm processing it with "groff -ms -t -P-l". Any thoughts on why it
doesn't appear to be working?

Thanks.

--
Graham Ashton