[Groff] Re: gpic bug

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: gpic bug
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:50:22 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late reply.

>       | WITH position         { makeoattr(PLACE, $2); }

Please send me the production rules from `position'.

> PLACENAME is any C-style identifier beginning with an upper-case
> letter or an underscore.  (First lower case letter => variable.)

Are you sure?  This is undocumented.  A PLACENAME has to start with an
uppercase letter according to the manual.

> Thus, the following all work for me:
>
>       .PS
>       box with .top at (0,0)
>       box with top of at (0,0)
>       box with (0,0) at (0,0)

What about this:

  box with 0,0 at (0,0)

Implementing a production rule for `with (0,0)' is easy, but `with
0,0' causes a lot of shift/reduce conflicts in GNU pic's grammar
(well, I'm a novice in using yacc, so I don't know yet how to fix such
problems properly).

    Werner