Re: [Groff] UTP style?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP style?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:38:14 +0100

Hi,

> > I know we said we were going to stick as closely as possible to the
> > style of the published book, but this style of having the first
> > paragraph in a section not indented and then subsequent paragraphs
> > indented with no space between paragraphs is really annoying me.  Is
> > anyone else bothered by it?
>
> This is standard practice as far as I know.  I always typeset my stuff
> that way, as did Rich Stevens and does Don Knuth.  The LaTex macros do
> this by default.

Personally, I with Meg in disliking the indented appearance, however I
long ago got used to it and fell we should stick with it because, as Jon
says, well-known and respected computing books do, Kernighan can be
added to that list.  Also, it's the norm in literature, not just
computing.

Cheers,

Ralph.