[Groff] UTP: Problems with latest macros

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: [Groff] UTP: Problems with latest macros
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:40:00 -0500

Jon,
        I just went back and reformatted all the chapters
I did using the latest macros on Larrys' site.  I am
getting some problems using them that I did not get
with older versions.
        One problem I've tracked down is with the
.Ps/.Pe pair.  Before I could do something like this:

.Ps
$ \f[CB]ditroff \f[HBI]file\fP 2> \f[HBI]tocfile\fP
.Pe

and get ditroff & 2> in CB font, and get file & tocfile
in HBI font, with the default for .Ps/.Pe returning to
CW.  Now, it stays in CB.
        This I can fix by going back and puting \fP
where they are needed.
        Another problem I haven't tracked down concerns
a message about unable to break line.  This is occuring in
Chapter 15 under groff-1.17.2.  Chapter 15 works correctly
under groff-1.17.2 and the older version macros that I used
while marking things up.  The problem appears to be in the
.Ps/.Pe pair also.  I'll see what I can come up with.

Cordially
Michael Hobgood