[Groff] nesting tbl?

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: [Groff] nesting tbl?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to nest {.TS - .TE} calls
(tbl). I tried a construction with 2 tables side by side like
this:

   .TS
   center, tab(#), delim ($$);
   cc.
   T{
   .TS
   center, box;
   c.
   left table
   .TE
   T}#T{
   .TS
   center, box;
   c.
   right table
   .TE
   T}
   .TE

But I got this:

tbl:<standard input>:655: end of data in middle of text block
tbl:<standard input>:655: giving up on this table
<standard input>:666: environment stack underflow

I could have used two-columned output, but the idea would be to
have perhaps more than 2 tables side by side. The other option is
to make a far more complex single table with the looks of two or
more tables, but that becomes too complex for my neuron depleted
brain.

Dan