[Groff] Images in groff - State of the Union

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: [Groff] Images in groff - State of the Union
Date: 07 Jan 2003 15:56:04 +0100

I suddenly realised that there has been no news on my image proposal
lately. I have not found time to work on it for quite a while, so it is
probably an idea just to show the current state of the proposal:

        http://home.powertech.no/egilkv/image.pdf

What is not discussed here, is the actual image formats supported. In
addition to PostScript, there is now support for the PNM family, TIFF,
GIF, JPEG and PNG. That might be enough for a start?

In terms of practical implementation, there is as usual enough support
to produce the document show above - so its not too bad. I have a list
of issues to look at before I commit it to a broader audience, mostly
minor things. If there is interest, I can always produce a patch
snapshot. Against the latest CVS, this time.

Egil

PS: In the pdf file you'll notice that Ghostscript (presumably?) ps2pdf
still has problems with the Times ligatures. I tried to ask about this
on the gs-devel list, but no reaction so far. Anyone has a suggestion on
how to fix this?

--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899