Re: [Groff] mom problems

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom problems
Date: 22 May 2003 08:03:25 +0200

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 07:30, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > As with you, it's way beyond me to understand what the problem is.
> > Werner -- any help?  .return used to simply stop processing and exit
> > from a macro.  Has that changed?  I hope not.
>
> I've modified the `return' request to return twice (i.e., from the
> current macro and from the macro one level higher) in case there is an
> argument

Seems like a feature that would make Edsger Dijkstra rotate in his
grave, but I do appreciate the need.

But wouldn't it be better to use a numeric argument? If it is 0, or
missing, do as usual. If it is 1, return one extra level, 2 for two
extra levels and so fort. That would make this feature less "sensible"
and easier to comprehend.

Egil
--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899