Re: [Groff] Re: refer and Dutch names

From: Christian Jensen
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: refer and Dutch names
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:41:44 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Further to my previous response, I should have mentioned that you
> can put an extra field in your bibliographic database, and use the
> "sort" command between ".R1" and ".R2" to specify either that the
> extra field is the sort key or that it influences the sort (e.g. by
> being appended or prepended to the author name).
>
> So in fact 'refer' does allow the kind of independence between
> sort key and entry which I was talking about before (in fact I was
> thinking more of indexing when writing that, where this issue is
> a definite problem in groff).

Actually, Robert Goulding suggested to me that I use the %Z field and
added
        no-discard
        sort Z1A1
to the .R1/.R1 section, but that "broke" the formatting of the reference
(abbreviating "@"), so I had to abandon that idea.

But maybe there is a way to avoid that which I wasn't aware of?
(I should mention, though, that the " 't Hart" problem was by far one of
the smallest I had with refer in connection with my thesis, which I handed
in on Monday. If I am ever to write a book again I will look for a
replacement.)

Best,
Christian