[Groff] Table-of-Contents and Index Generation

From: Andrew J. Piziali
Subject: [Groff] Table-of-Contents and Index Generation
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:20:23 -0600 (CST)

   Might any of my esteemed fellow Unix text processors care to offer
some advice on generating a table-of-contents and index for a book
written using the MS macros?  I suppose the ToC could be written into a
diversion from .NH/.SH wrappers but I have never attempted this.  I'm
not sure how to tackle an index.  The word list is easy but associating
a sequence of page numbers with each seems daunting.

   Thank you in advance.

--

                                                       / \
                                                      *---*