Re: [Groff] groffer and gxditview

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groffer and gxditview
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 16:25:36 +0200 (CEST)

> The groffer util uses gxditview as the default viewer because
> gxditview is part of groff.  Unfortunately, it is not installed by
> default.
>
> The easiest way to get gxditview nevertheless seems to be to ad its
> configuration and installation in groffer's Makefile.sub:

Do you have some time to implement the `right' solution?  I suggest
the following:

  . Move the files shared by xtotroff and xditview (this is
    XFontName.c and DviChar.c) into src/libs/libx.

  . Move the xditview stuff into src/devices/xditview.

  . Move the xtotroff stuff into src/utils/xtotroff (and provide a man
    page :-).

  . Convert from Imakefile to a normal Makefile.sub.

  . Check for X11 presence in the configure script and compile
    xditview and friends only if it is available.

     Werner