Re: [Groff] groff | ConTeXt

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff | ConTeXt
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 11:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, I'm thinking about writing in utf-8 (my locale also uses this
> encoding).

Then you have to convert it to an ISO encoding like latin-1.
Characters which can't be represented in the encoding should be
converted to \[X Y ...], e.g. \[E ^ '].

> And what about in comparison with LaTeX (ConTeXt is, as someone
> said, something that LaTeX 3 is supposed to become), ie. is it
> possible to obtain the same quality of output without too much
> tweaking - using e.g. mom package?

>From the layout it is possible to get the same optical results (well,
perhaps the LaTeX 3 stuff with floats is not easily to achieve --
nobody has ever tried).  The main difference, as already mentioned, is
that TeX handles text at the paragraph level.

    Werner