Re: [Groff] German Umlaute, ISO-8859-1, postscript.

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Groff] German Umlaute, ISO-8859-1, postscript.
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:38:03 +0100

On 2004-05-17 20:06:32 +0100 Jorgen Grahn <address@hidden> wrote:

[...] ISO8859-1 is good because tools written with only ASCII in mind
tend to work (roughly) properly with it...

ISO-8859-1 is bad because it doesn't contain common characters I use. It's a total pig switching character sets all the time and not being able to mix languages in one file. The sooner people get over it and switch to UTF-8, the better. UTF-8 lets the ASCII files continue to work, too.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.