Re: [Groff] Make fails on OSX

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Make fails on OSX
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:10:22 -0400

> Just did a clean compile of the latest CVS, with all the changes in
> xditview.  It fails on Mac OS X.3.4, using the standard Apple X-server
> libraries/headers, with the message:

On MacOS X 10.2.8, configure runs into trouble just finding libXaw, even
though it's where it should be:

> checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/
include
> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> checking for Xaw library... no
> configure: gxditview and xtotroff won't be built

And libXaw is in /usr/X11R6/lib -- and there's no completed Makefile in
src/devices/xditview -- so what's the deal?

I never have been able to wrap my head around autoconf, but I'll furnish
config.log or any other files needed to track down the problem.

     Larry