Re: [Groff] gtbl, T{ ... T} doesn't work?

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] gtbl, T{ ... T} doesn't work?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

While we're speaking of tables...

I'm having some trouble with a table building into HTMl
with -mandoc.  I have a manpage with a bunch of long but
simple tables.  It built okay on my Mandrake 8 system
(running whatever groff comes with that) but when I moved
the file to a current RedHat system, the tables don't build
at all for HTML.  They are fine in the ASCII, ps, and pdf
builds.

Here's the command line -- I suspect that is what I have
screwed up.  If the command lines look okay, I'll send on
the sourcefile.

Thanks,
meg

groff -mandoc -st -Tlatin1 truefiletypes.man | col -b > truefiletypes.5
groff -mandoc -st truefiletypes.man > truefiletypes.ps
ps2pdf truefiletypes.ps > truefiletypes.pdf
groff -mandoc -st -Thtml truefiletypes.man > truefiletypes.html