[Groff] a couple of problems with macro -me

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: [Groff] a couple of problems with macro -me
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I can't figure out how to solve these:

1) I'm trying to print a footer with "M - N" where 'M' is the
chapter number (\n(ch) and 'N' is the page number (%). So I did:

.fo ''\n(ch - %''

and also tried with:

.fo ''\\n(ch - %''

and neither of them work. It prints "0 - N" where N is the
correct page number but the 0 (zero) stays throughout the whole
document even though I'm able to use \n(ch in different contexts.
I did a dirty trick of writing the .fo request at the beginning
of every chapter but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.

2) In-line equations with delayed text is acting up. If I have a
construct like:

.(x
This is the square root of pi $ sqrt pi $
.)x

then the printout at the end of the document gets messed up. I
have the "delim $$" properly set up, although there are parts of
the document in which I undefine and define again, but they are
always defined when I construct either the lines above or when I
do the .xp request.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Dan