Re: [Groff] ctype.h in pipeline.c

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] ctype.h in pipeline.c
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:31:27 +0100

On Monday 18 April 2005 5:25 pm, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I was asked whether ctype.h should be included in
> src/roff/groff/pipeline.c -- this is for MS-DOS and Windows only.

Can't imagine why.  And why only for MS-DOS and Windows?  It is equally
appropriate for any system.

> It seems to me that it is not necessary, right?

The only reason I know of, for including ctype.h, is to inline calls to the
family of character characterisation functions such as `isalpha', `isalnum',
`isupper', etc., using macro implementations.  I don't see any such calls in
pipeline.c, so I think you are correct; it is not necessary.

Cheers,
Keith.