Re: [Groff] List labels in mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] List labels in mom
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:32:49 -0400

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005, Blake McBride wrote:
> First of all I think there needs to be more choices (in enumerated
> lists) than numbers (1, 2, 3) and lower case letters (a, b, c).
> I'd like to see uppercase letters (A, B, C) and roman numerals
> (i, ii, iii) as well as (I, II, III) added to the options for list labels.

I'm currently taking a break, so I won't be looking at this
immediately.  However, I'm preparing to make a new mom release by
the end of May, so I'll look into this.  These additions shouldn't
cause any problems.

> Along similar lines, when creating a multi-level list, the system
> should go through all the combinations (and then even repeat them)
> rather then going to astrix.

I'll have to give this some thought.  It isn't so much the
implementation as whether or not such behaviour will, by default,
suit the greatest number of users' needs.

> It would also be nice to specify this preference (the order of level label
> options)
> globally or at least at the start of the list.

Yes, this is the way I'd want to implement it.  Let users choose.

> The second issue relates to the addition of a pre-fix string to complement
> the supplied suffix-string associated to list labels.  For example, mom
> allows:
>
> 1)
> 2)
> etc.
>
> but doesn't allow:
>
> (1)
> (2)
> etc.

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement.  Good idea.

--
Peter Schaffter
  Author of _The Schumann Proof_ (RendezVous Press, Canada)