[Groff] HTML output of a man page containing an equation

From: Dominique Orban
Subject: [Groff] HTML output of a man page containing an equation
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:19:51 -0400

Hello,

I am having a problem converting a man page containing an equation to
html format. Here is my simple test case

----------
.\" @(#)test v1.0 07/2005;
.TH test 1 "20 Jul 2005"
.SH NAME
test \- a test man page with an equation.
.SH SYNOPSIS
test
.SH DESCRIPTION
A test man page with an equation used to test
groff -e -Thtml -man. Now this is the equation
.EQ
f(x) = int sin (x).
.EN
.LP
.SH ARGUMENTS
None.
.LP
.SH AUTHORS
John Doe, 2005.
.SH "SEE ALSO"
Nothing.
---------------

This is the output I receive:

address@hidden:~/tmp$ groff -e -man -Tps test.1 > test.ps
address@hidden:~/tmp$ gv test.ps &

[ looks perfect ]

address@hidden:~/tmp$ groff -e -man -Thtml test.1 > test.html
Calling `pnmcut 152 209 89 28 < /tmp/groff-page-uQP4Aq | pnmcrop
-quiet | pnmtopng -background white -transparent white >
grohtml-106761.png
' returned status 256
address@hidden:~/tmp$

... and here, the image for the equation is empty. On other examples,
the image isn't empty but does not represent the correct equation, or
is just a bit of an equation. It seems the rectangle passed to pnmcut
is wrong. Does the user have any grip on that? Ps, ascii and dvi
outputs look fine. Just the html doesn't seem to render the equation.

Am I doing anything wrong here? I am using
GNU troff (groff) version 1.18.1
GNU grops (groff) version 1.18.1
on a Debian Sarge system.

Could you please cc my personal address when replying?
Many thanks in advance!
Dominique