Re: [Groff] parsing a corner specification

From: Gunnar Ritter
Subject: Re: [Groff] parsing a corner specification
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:05:31 +0200

"Joel E. Denny" <address@hidden> wrote:

> How can I obtain a copy of AT&T pic?  This page makes it seem as if I
> won't have much luck:
>
>   http://troff.org/source.html
>
> It links to Plan 9, which has pic source here:
>
>   http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/pic/
>
> Its lexer returns left as a CORNER token only when preceded by "." or
> followed by "of", so it can't be the inspiration for the GNU pic behavior
> I'm observing.
>
> The Heirloom project has similar source and its lexer does the same thing:
>
>   http://heirloom.cvs.sourceforge.net/heirloom/heirloom-doctools/pic/

Plan 9 pic is AT&T pic. The Heirloom variant is a Unix port
of it with only a few modifications, as documented in its
"CHANGES" file.

You could probably still buy another variant of AT&T pic
as part of the DWB package of the "Lucent Exptools" suite
<http://www.bell-labs.com/project/wwexptools/corporate/toollist.html>.
However, it is unlikely that this gives you any additional
insight since all sources agree that AT&T DWB development
stopped more than a decade ago.

        Gunnar