Re: [Groff] conditional logic based on device?

From: Michael(tm) Smith
Subject: Re: [Groff] conditional logic based on device?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:41:38 +0900

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>, 2008-02-19 10:15 +0100:

> Clarke has already mentioned the `n' and `t' conditionals.  If this
> distinction isn't fine enough, use the \*[.T] string register which
> holds the name of the output device.  Example:
>
>   .ie '\*[.T]'ps' \{\
>   .\}
>   .el \{\
>   .\}

Thanks -- I think for my needs, just being able to distinguish
between "n" and "t" should probably be enough. I'm not trying do
anything especially fancy for ps output -- just wanting to not
have the hacks I've got in their for console output affecting
other formats (in case somebody does actually want to generated a
PS or PDF file from on of the DocBookXSL-generated man pages).

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/