Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:02:10 +0000

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:11:45PM +1100, Robert Thorsby wrote:
> On 16/02/09 11:09:29, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I thought some of you might be interested to know that there's now a
> > rolling import of Groff's CVS repository into GNU Bazaar
> > (http://bazaar-vcs.org/), thanks to Michael Hudson and others at my
> > employer, Canonical.
>
> It might be more productive if Debian and friends stopped using their
> brain-dead hack of 1.18 and updated to the latest *universal* version
> of groff.

Thanks for your pleasant comments. Please send future abuse to
/dev/null.

Getting groff into a distributed VCS so that I can more easily hack on
it locally is in fact the first stage for me in figuring out how to get
the Debian packages updated without regressing things for Japanese
users: i.e. completing the character-class work that Brian Carlson
started but hasn't yet had time to finish. I've also recently been
adjusting man-db to cope more appropriately with groff 1.20, which is
also a prerequisite.