Re: [Groff] changing .em behaviour?

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] changing .em behaviour?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:48:50 +0100

I think we have to be cautious about changing the behaviour
of requests. We do not know whether someone out there has not
made use of a particular feature of a request, documented or
not. I know this from personal experience. I've carried out a
large number of experiments to find what requests actually do,
the old troff docs being *very* terse.

I therefore support only the *new* .em1 request, and then
only if there is a genuine need (I'm against feature bloat).

Denis