Re: [Groff] Typesetting Software

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Typesetting Software
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:01:58 +0100

Hi Peter,

> FWIW, I write structured plain text files and pass them through sed to
> introduce groff or LaTex formatting.  Aside from keeping the files
> clean/readable, it makes things easier when I want to recycle
> them--say, into html.

I've wondered about doing this and in particular noticed that the
various utilities for converting from, e.g. reStructuredText,

    http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html

don't have troff backends although they may have LaTeX ones, e.g.
rst2latex.  I'm guessing this is because the variety of macro packages
that could be targetted in the troff world.

Cheers,

Ralph.