[Groff] Replacing groff with troff?

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey
Subject: [Groff] Replacing groff with troff?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:09:23 +1000

There's currently a discussion going on in the FreeBSD project about
replacing groff (which is part of the base system, mainly to process
man pages) with a specialized man page processor, and relegate groff
to the Ports Collection as an add-on.  During the discussion, Plan 9
troff was mentioned (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/troff.pdf).
That's the first I've heard of it being readily available, but I'm
sure others have heard of it.  I'd like to hear opinions.

Greg
--
Finger address@hidden for PGP public key.
This message is digitally signed.  See