Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:06:10 -0500

Petr Man wrote:

> I am unable to figure out how to make groff/pdfroff with pdfmark to
> produce clickable TOC out of a mom document. From the mailing list
> archives it seemed to me, that pdfroff should be able to do that, but
> I end up with the same document twice in the file instead as
> http://osdir.com/ml/groff-gnu/2009-08/msg00024.html.

I had a look at doing this a while back, and ran into some trouble. It seems
that PDF doesn't have a command that says "Go to page X" when the reader clicks
a link. I tried adding named destinations to the header, but that produced
unusable output. If that problem can be solved somehow, it would be easy to
turn each TOC entry into a link.

        Larry