[Groff] gpreconv on Windows fails with CRLF files

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: [Groff] gpreconv on Windows fails with CRLF files
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:06:40 +0400

Hello, all

I  have  problems with gpreconv on Windows (GNUWin32
Groff).  Whenever I want to use it, I have  to  con-
vert the end-of-line symbols:

    tr -d \015 < [infile]|groff -U -Kcp1251 ...

which  makes the use of soelim much less convenient,
because I have to preconvert my files  to  the  '\n'
line  end  format,  while tbl, eqn, and groff itself
handle '\r\n' files correctly.

Is it reasonable to modify gpreconv or  its  Windows
port so that on Windows it will expect '\r\n'?