Re: [Groff] Macro to detect end of line

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Macro to detect end of line
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 19:40:09 -0000 (GMT)

On 02-Feb-2013 19:14:44 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi smoore,
>
>> I have a consistently appearing extra line happening when line text
>> ends right at the end of the line, and groff inserts a newline, and
>> where I happen to insert a newline, I end of with two blank lines.
>
> A simple example please...  groff wouldn't normally be inserting a line
> if there was nothing to place on it.
>
> Cheers, Ralph.

Indeed! And the only context in which I have observed anything similar
is when the last (output) line is right at the bottom of a page, when
a new (and superfluous) blank page can be triggered (in ms macros at
least). But this is a case of springing the "bottom of page" trap, and
does not relate, I think, to what smoore is experiencing.

So yes, please, a simple example!
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 02-Feb-2013  Time: 19:40:04