Re: [Groff] Groff Digest, Vol 106, Issue 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff Digest, Vol 106, Issue 3
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:44:11 +0200 (CEST)

> Actually, how is troff pronounced? Troff? T-roff?
> And groff?  Hardly G-roff but possible.

If I want to emphasize the `roff' part, I indeed use t-roff and
g-roff.  Otherwise I say troff and groff (or rather GNU troff, since
groff is a actually a front-end to troff).  Have a look into the info
manual, section `History'.  Don't forget there also exists nroff, and
spelling this like an African voodoo goddess[1] is probably
misleading.

    Werner

[1] Or whatever :-) My mind was wandering to the name of the
    Ngorongoro crater.