Re: [Groff] Installing new fonts in MOM/Groff using install-font.sh

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Installing new fonts in MOM/Groff using install-font.sh
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 13:02:50 -0400

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014, Yves Cloutier wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> I created a folder under my home directory.  In it I put my otf file and
> the install-font.sh script.  It is from within that folder that I am
> running the script.
>
> Did I miss something?

Does the directory you're installing from have spaces in the name?
The line in the script that's causing you problems is

  ln -s $PWD/${file} ${tmp_dir}/`basename ${file}`

where ${file} is the font filename and ${tmp_dir} is /tmp/install-font/

If $PWD has spaces, ln will spit out the error you're seeing.

Whether or not this is your problem, the script needs to quote $PWD.
I've fixed that and posted the updated version of install-font.sh to
the mom website.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca