Re: [Groff] *roff for desktop publishing - is it feasible?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] *roff for desktop publishing - is it feasible?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:28:51 +0100 (BST)

On 24-Oct-2016 12:28:05 Gerard Lally wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, at 13:18, Damian McGuckin wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, Gerard Lally wrote:
>>
>> > I anticipate *roff satisfying 95% of my needs Damian: articles, letters,
>> > reports, technical papers. It's great to hear from you people who have
>> > been using it "from the dawn of creation"!
>>
>> I think that is a compliment???
>
> ;-)
>
> Just a little tongue in cheek!

Gerard, we have been using it not since the dawn of creation, but
since slightly later -- the creation of dawn -- when the distant
horizons of the dark lands occupied by other operating systems
began to shimmer under the glowing light of an emerging Unix.
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 24-Oct-2016  Time: 16:28:45
This message was sent by XFMail