Re: [Groff] Inappropriate info page!

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [Groff] Inappropriate info page!
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 07:33:51 +1100

On 31/12/16 07:01:05, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> > Whilst reading the info pages on Groff I came upon the following
>>
>> What following?  You have forgotten to add a quote.
>
> He refers to doc/groff.texi line 5060.  The wording is questionable
> indeed.

Oh.  I would have never expected that Larry Kollar's satirical remark
would be taken literally.  Well, today people probably need `humour
on/off' signs...  Note that Larry is from the US, as far as I know :-)

> Reducing the paragraph to "Inches.  One inch is equal to 2.54 cm."
> (i.e. deleting the second sentence) should be sufficient information
> in this document.

Sigh.  Certainly.

Leave it as is. Those who cannot take a joke do not deserve to be pandered to.

However, I take offen[cs]e that groff contains no unit calculation for the cubit.

BTW, wasn't the stuff up regarding the Hubble due to a metric/Imperial stupidity.?

Robert