Re: [Groff] parallel text processing ; vertical and horizontal mode

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] parallel text processing ; vertical and horizontal mode
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 09:45:47 +0100

Hi Erich,

> Of course it would be a hypertrophy changeing the distances each and
> every page...no, the idea is to have two parts of text on each page.

Overkill to manually have to change the distance, or too jarring for the
reader to have it move up and down each page?  I was thinking

    .EN
    foo
    .FR
    fôó
    .ADD

where .EN and .FR would capture each to a diversion, and .ADD would see
if their heights could be appended to the page's diversions for the two
languages.  If so, fine, it's done.  If not, output those page
diversions and start a new page.

Perhaps there's a better way of structuring the macros that wrap the
input than ".ADD".

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy