[Groff] ms macro foot note extension

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] ms macro foot note extension
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:43:21 +0200

Hello,

I'm in a need for a extension for foot notes in the ms macro package

This macro package implements to additional foot note macros
FAS and FAE to

For some older documents I do rewriting I need to have the original foot notes
with the original foot note numbers and the original text. But I also wish to
add new foot notes with the knowledge we have today. These additional foot
notes should have at least a different number and may be the text should be in
a different shape, to see that they are different from the original ones.

A different shape could be a different font, or a different color. Even the
foot note number could be in a different color at the place where the foot
note is defined.
The definition of a different number and color could be done with a different
string definition. ms defines
.ds * address@hidden@sup-end]
for the extended foot note that can be
.ds + address@hidden
address@hidden
For making the foot note text printed differently a new foot note start macro
is needed. lets say .FSA. both can be closed with .FE

I already have a solution. Currently added to the s.tmac source. It works, at
least for some of my test cases.

Please let me know what you think about it.
Thanks
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
       Heinz