Re: [Groff] What does the "-u" in ".tmac-u" mean?

From: oe
Subject: Re: [Groff] What does the "-u" in ".tmac-u" mean?
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 11:32:10 +0100

Am 05.11.2017 um 11:11 schrieb Ralph Corderoy:
Hi,

Werner wrote:
Branden wrote:
I move that we stop stripping the files.  Stripping them is saving
us only a few hundred kB out of 25 megs.
It's not about saving disk space.  Remember that groff is an
interpreted language *without* a translation to an internal
representation.[*]  This means, for example, that a comment within a
loop with 1000 repeats gets parsed a thousand times, again and again.
Right.  And we visited this a couple of years ago, with various
experiments then.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2015-03/msg00045.html
Thanks for  reminding us on this former discussion.
It really looks like we should use the unstripped version only in future releases.
Makes the build process easier.
Heinz