Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros

From: Yves Cloutier
Subject: Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:04:24 -0400

My friends, my intention was not to "stir the pot" so to speak.

All your points are well taken.

Using  mom as a backend is something I have already done. A few tears ago I
worked very closely under Peter's guidance.  (we happen to live in the same
city). It also allowed the user to add in pure groff where additional fine
tuning was needed.  It was a 1:1 feature match with mom, only it provided,
a reduction of certain steps and a bit more intuitive in other things.

It can be found here:  https://github.com/cloutiy/tml

It worked quite well but mom has since evolved and so my original progrm
may no longer work. I had done it using what I consider a quick but "poor"
implementation approach which was a pain to maintain and had been wanting
to reboot the project from scratch using  saner approach.

Again, my intention was simply to *try* to try something different and
experiment with ideas I had floating around.  That's all.

All your points are well taken and worth consideration.

Thanks