Re: [groff] improve a few terminal renderings of special characters

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] improve a few terminal renderings of special characters
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 21:24:04 +1000

> > I wonder if John Gardner's HTML-canvas renderer could lay down text
> > in a dark grey that's additive to what's already there, thus
> > over-striking would have an effect, e.g. `\z~o' as well as bold.

Does this not work already? Overstriking diacritics should work the same
for the renderer because it's processing the same movement and printing
commands Troff generates for post-processing...

> > Half-line motions would be nice too, John. ;-)
> > Heirloom's nroff still produces ASR-33 codes by default.

Don't worry, those are accommodated too
<https://github.com/Alhadis/Roff.js/blob/2ebfc4a2634001e5a849ac37f996e88481df4411/lib/postproc/text-grid.js#L646-L680>.
=)