Re: [groff] Inexplicable error using tbl(1) 1.19.2 on macOS

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Inexplicable error using tbl(1) 1.19.2 on macOS
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 18:35:01 +1000

Hey Larry,

Don't worry, I normally install the latest stable release using Homebrew
<https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/groff.rb>.
I'm mainly an OpenBSD user these days, only using a (borrowed) MacBook when
I have to develop something involving Atom <https://atom.io/>/Electron
<https://electronjs.org/> (which is very common, and no ports for either
exist for OpenBSD yet).

I'm actually keeping this machine's Groff install as vanilla and default as
possible. It provides me with a realistic test environment that most macOS
users are expected to have. Case-in-point: the document affected by the
tbl(1) error was authored on my old MacBook, which had up-to-date versions
of everything. Had no idea there were compatibility issues until viewing it
on another machine. =)

Anyway, all's sorted now. Thanks!