[groff] How to show all hyphenation points?

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: [groff] How to show all hyphenation points?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 08:01:31 -0500

In my opinion it would be nice if groff had a request that would print
its argument with all hyphenation points visible, reminiscent of the way
some dictionaries render their head words.

E.g., a dictionary may say:

re·ca·pit·u·la·tion

I ask for a groff request because otherwise the hyphenation points seem
to be a black box, and it requires a contrivance to discover them, such
as the attached quick hack I threw together.

Any alternatives, ideas, or recommendations?