guile-devel

Re: Replacing Guile test-suite with SRFI-64?

From: Taylan Kammer
Subject: Re: Replacing Guile test-suite with SRFI-64?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:17:31 +0200

Re. issues with the standard SRFI 64 implementation, let me point out
that I've written an alternative implementation with cleaner code and
behavior of the default test runner; it's part of this (currently
dormant) project:

https://github.com/TaylanUB/scheme-srfis

(I've not yet had time to migrate away from GitHub. Sorry.)

If I remember correctly, it also runs slightly faster.

To use with Guile, just add the root dir of the repo to the load path
and import (srfi srfi-64) as usual; it should override the default one
if the Guile load path is set up correctly.

To make sure you're not overriding other SRFIs offered by Guile,
remove all but the following files:

srfi/64/*
srfi/64.sld
srfi/srfi-64.sld

Or copy just those into a different directory and add that to your
Guile load path.  You could also rename 'srfi-64.sld' so as not to
override the default SRFI 64, and I think it should still work
under the changed name so long as srfi/64/* aren't renamed.

--
Taylan