guile-devel

Re: G-Golf- [subject changed] cairo based examples fail in homebrew

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: G-Golf- [subject changed] cairo based examples fail in homebrew
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 15:55:01 -0800

On Fri, Dec 22, 2023 at 3:22 PM David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> wrote:
Hi Aleix,

        i decided to answer separately - and  change the subject line -
        (a) the guile-cairo related issue, on homebrew, from the

Just to be clear, there's no issue with guile-cairo I believe. The segfault with guile-cairo was when using Guile's upstream.

        (b) snapshot related issue, on homebrew as well

        here is the 'subthread' for the guile-cairo related issue, on
        homebrew [1].

> > > Anyways, guile-cairo is fine going back to stable 3.0.9.

> > Ok, so just to make sure, now both the gtk4/simple-paintable.scm and
> > gtk4/animated-paintable.scm examples work fine on 'your' platform as
> > well?

> Nope, they don't. Sorry, I should have been much more explicit and
> provide more info.

Ok - These are two examples ported from the upstream gtk4-demo, can you
run one or both of these examples? [screenshot attached of the upstream
gt4-demo ui (on debian trixie (current testing)).

If they don't work, please report upstream, if they do work, try to get
a backtrace as well, for the simple-animation.scm example only, let's
try to identify the problem for the simplest one ...

Ah nice, I didn't know that. They work well, see screenshot. The animated one is the same but rotating the nuclear icon.

This is a good clue though, at least we know where not to look.

Aleix