guix-devel

Re: Packaging FreeCAD

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Packaging FreeCAD
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:35:42 +0000

Hi John,

This is good news indeed for Guix-using engineers and architects.  I
shall follow developments with interest.

I can look after the OpenCASCADE dependency too.  This package is due
an update but upstream development has been slow of late.  Debian have
switched to the OCCT version for FreeCAD and I am thinking that it
would be best for Guix to follow suit.  This would entail the
introduction of a new opencascade-occt package, which I plan to do
soon, if no-one beats me to it!

Best regards,

Paul.