guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2019 - we need a VGA to HDMI converter! And live streaming

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019 - we need a VGA to HDMI converter! And live streaming
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:16:33 +0200

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:53:43AM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> No one can help out here?
>
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 02:17:39PM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> > FOSDEM from this year only supports HDMI.
> >
> > For those of us on older laptops, can anyone bring a VGA -> HDMI
> > converter?  That would be very helpful.
> >
> > Also it may be an idea to stream some of the GNU Guix days. These days
> > that can be done with phones. Anyone interested in helping out?
> >
> > Pj.

I have my phone which I can bring. I'm not really sure how the streaming
part works but it would be nice to record it in any case.

I have a mini-displayport to hdmi adapter that I'm bringing if anyone
needs. I also have a DVI->VGA adapter which I don't expect to be useful.
I'm not sure if VGA->HDMI exists so much, searching online they're
always listed as hdmi->vga or as an "active converter". I might have one
somewhere, but I don't remember it ever working.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר