guix-devel

Re: Closing issues from commits

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Closing issues from commits
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:06:58 +0100

On 2018-08-20 11:52, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hello Marius,

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> skribis:

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

Hello,

It would be convenient (for me, at least) to have a server-side git hook
that can close debbugs issues.  It would grep the commit message for
'^Fixes: <https://bugs\\.gnu\\.org/(\d+)>' and automatically send an
email to address@hidden with the message 'close $1 $commit_id'.

Is this something that we want and can deploy?

Derp.  I realized I can do this with a post-push hook.

I'll make it next time I need it and submit it here :-)

Would be nice!

A server-side hook would also be welcome in any case.  It turns out that
Mailutils in Git has bindings for Guile 2.2, which we can use to send
email, so writing such a hook wouldn’t be too hard.  :-)

We could have a tiny program that regularly pulls from Git, browses the
latest commits, and sends email as appropriate.  Would be a fun hack.
(A script like this would be easier than having a server-side hook on
Savannah, especially if we need to store credentials for the SMTP
server.)

Did anyone take a stab at this yet?

--
Cheers Swedebugia