guix-devel

Re: Let’s translate!

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: Let’s translate!
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 09:56:31 +0800

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
>> A new POT file for textual domain 'guix-manual' has been made available
>> to the language teams for translation.  It is archived as:
>>
>>     https://translationproject.org/POT-files/guix-manual-1.0.0-pre1.pot
>
> Now’s the right time to translate Guix and the manual so that 1.0 is
> available in your native language!
>
>   https://translationproject.org/domain/guix.html
>   https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-packages.html
>   https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-manual.html

I can translate the Guix manual into Chinese if no one else is willing
to do so.  But I don't have much time and will probably miss the
deadline for Guix 1.0.

I have no previous experience with i18n.  What should I know in order to
translate the Guix manual?  How do I edit the ".pot" file?  Is there an
emacs package for the job?

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/