guix-devel

Re: Introducting myself

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Introducting myself
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:42:44 +0200

Welcome!

> [3]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-04/msg00007.html

Nice hardware, thanks for sharing!

> The picture is not all bright however, and things started to get complicated
> when I tried to customize the system. I've been using Python as my main
> language
> for more than 10 years and Guile is… something that I still have to get used
> to!
> ^_^'

Guile, Scheme and Lisp-languages in general can be quite a shock at
first indeed.  But once you've tamed the psychological bias, the reward
is really worth it I believe: Guile is a very powerful and expressive
language which empowers you in ways that very few languages out there can.

Best of luck,
Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt