guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:49:39 +0200

Hi!

About 1.0 release date set to April the 30th, I can think of one big
obstacle still in the way: texlive.  Currently I cannot compile a
standard LaTeX document with a table (can anyone reproduce?).

The big TeXlive revamp is on its way on the "wip-texlive" branch, but I
won't realistically have time to work on it before the end of the month.
I don't know if anyone else has got the time.  Jelle?  Ricardo?

Whether it's a blocker or not for 1.0 is debatable I guess.  It looks a
bit bad.  Maybe show a disclaimer on the download page / manual that
this broken part is currently being addressed?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/