guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:20:14 -0300

Hi Paul!
Sorry, I've got up to date with this.

> Is Firefox the browser you are testing with?
Yes, I tested both with Firefox and Icecat and get the same message,
that it is corrupt :/
You mentioned you tried totem, right? In my case it runs and I can
watch the video but the colours are changed. Ie: the dark gray turns
green, and the white turns somewhat pink.
I only tested the first video.
I have a question about the Makefile. Why are we having an if in the
ffmpeg rule regarding the soundname being empty?
> What I was thinking was that the cli sessions should end with a short
> pause.  This will be the case as long as either duration1 is greater
> than duration2 or the audio file has a silent section at the end.
>
> If any of the transitions are too abrupt we can add some silence to the
> relevant audio file.  The command I used for the silent slide in 02-
> daily-use2 was:
>
> $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc=r=4800:cl=mono -t <ts> -q:a 9 -c:a
> libmp3lame <audiofile>.mp3
>
> This creates an mp3 file with <ts> seconds of silence.
>
> So a one second pause, say, could be concatenated (with ffmpeg) at the
> beginning or end of an audio file to improve the transition.
I see, then we can create a script for this, that runs before the
script for creating the cli session videos, WDYT?
I am really amazed about how much you know about audio and video creation :)
I have a question, what happens when duration2 > duration1?